Beware of the “poison” hidden in the home
After the renovation of new and old homes, the increase of indoor formaldehyde concentration, or the discovery of radioactive materials in granite materials, has already attracted people’s attention. It can just neglect the variety, chemistry and chemical properties, and the level of harm that must occur after the decoration of the living room.Contamination of mixed chemicals (ie total volatile organic chemicals).
Such chemicals are found in putty glue, floor glue, colorants, latex paints, furniture paints, floor polishes, polyurethane coatings, and the like.
The manifestations of human discomfort are often non-specific symptoms and signs, such as headache, memory loss, fatigue, general malaise, local symptoms of eye, nose, throat irritation, dryness and cough, etc. It is difficult to determine what is caused by poisonreaction.
According to domestic and foreign data analysis, experts agree that there are two kinds of chemicals that should be of particular concern. This is not to say that other chemicals are not at all dangerous.
Smile Face Tiger – Benzene It is a poison with specific affinity for the human hematopoietic system. It is found in various paints and solvents. It is not easy to cause people to be alert and avoid because of the aromatic smell. It is called “smile face tiger”.
Its damage to human health can be manifested as anemia caused by a decrease in the number of white blood cells, red blood cells, and platelets in the blood, and aplastic anemia. In a few cases, it can cause neoplastic diseases such as leukemia (commonly known as blood cancer).
At present, the relevant national regulations cannot incorporate benzene components into civil coatings and solvents.
However, due to the good processing properties and low cost of benzene, some ignorant small factories and unscrupulous traders are still using them.
The presence of benzene is often measured in newly renovated homes.
Cold Noodle Knife – Diisotoluene Cyanate This is a versatile chemical raw material that is found in many coatings, plastics, and insulating materials.
This chemical is a low-toxic substance, and it has irritations such as dryness of the eyes, nasal mucosa, and pharyngeal pain and cough only at a high concentration.
However, today’s research has found that this chemical is an important cause of asthma and other allergic diseases.
People with allergies who are exposed to this substance can cause asthma to occur frequently and cure for a long time; people who have never had asthma disease can induce asthma due to repeated exposure, or other factors such as animal dust (family pet), plantsUnder the synergy of dust and other diseases, asthmatic diseases and lung diseases can also occur, especially the analysis of the causes of childhood asthma and respiratory infections in recent years. This is closely related to this invisible “killer”, but it has not caused enough people so far.Recognize and value.
As a general resident, the only important measure that can be taken is the newly renovated living room, which must be ventilated and ventilated at least one month after renovation. Especially when there are new furniture, it is even more impatience.
The length of this interval depends on the number and variety of different chemicals in different areas of the living room, different seasons, different lighting, different influences and effects.
From the point of view of hygiene, the orientation of the living room should conform to the local dominant wind direction. For example, Shanghai is the southeast wind direction, the lighting should be sufficient, and the ventilation should be good.
After staying, you should maintain a good habit of frequent window ventilation, maintain indoor cleanliness, reduce the storage of messy items that are not used, and replace the psychological sustenance and hobbies of raising pets in different ways, such as raising flowers and enjoying music.Pollution from dust and unwanted chemicals.